GALACTIC SUMMER CAMP
Check in: Sunday 1-4 pm
Check out: Saturday after 10:30 Graduation
- Prices are subject to change.
- Tuition includes: meals, accommodation, T-shirt, hat, and educational program materials.
- Program costs are only applicable for regularly scheduled dates shown below.
The Galactic Summer Camp is a 6 day program which includes educational and social activities. The Galactic Summer Camp program is taught in English and Turkish for native and non-native speaking participants.
- Make friends from other countries
- Learn about other cultures when students perform dances, explain traditions, and give presentations from their countries during our Special Events Cultural Night
- Practice your English with our American counselors
- Compete as a team during our pool activities
- Enjoy an outdoor barbeque followed by a dance night
- Construct and launch a single-stage model rocket
* Campers must be at least 4 feet (120 cm) tall and weigh no more than 210 pounds (95 kg) to ride the simulators.
Space Station Mission
This activity is the highlight of the program!
- During our simulated space station missions, campers are assigned special positions (such as Commander on the Space Shuttle Discovery, Flight Director inside Mission Control, or Flight Engineer in our Space Station).
- Each member of the team is integral to the success of the mission. If a team member neglects a vital duty or assignment, it may have an adverse effect on the outcome of the flight.
- Participants learn how to effectively communicate with one another, solve problems together, and work as a team to ensure overall success of the mission.
Global Friendship Social Activities
Students participating in the Galactic Summer Camp have the opportunity to share their culture and make new friends from different countries. Not only will international students receive an educational experience, they also engage in the following social activities:
- Special Events Night
- Pool activities
- Outdoor barbeque/dance night
- Astronaut Challenge
During Special Events Night, students share their country’s traditions and cultures. Students dress in traditional outfits, taste international foods, and demonstrate their country’s dances and music.