SEMESTER SPACE EXPLORERS
January 21 - 26, 2018
January 28 - 02 February, 2018
Check in: Sunday 1:00-4:00 pm
Check out: Friday after 9:00 am Graduation
- Semester space explorers program is ONLY offered during the Turkish semester break dates ----not any other time of the year.
- Prices are subject to change.
- Tuition includes: meals, accommodation, T-shirt, hat, and educational program materials.
The Semester Space Explorers program teaches team-building techniques and explores space sciences through the following interactive activities:
(*)Campers must be at least 4 feet (120 cm) tall and weigh no more than 210 pounds (95 kg) to ride the simulators.
- Participate in a one hour simulated Space Shuttle mission
- Experience all seven astronaut training simulators (*)
- Design a Mars colony and compete for the top prize
- Build a hot-air balloon
- Construct and launch a single-stage model rocket
- Conduct chemical experiments in our science laboratory
- Gaze upon the Moon’s craters where Apollo modules landed, Jupiter’s distinct swirling stripes, Saturn’s famous rings, and shimmering constellations through our 10-inch telescope through our rooftop observatory
- Locate and name the constellations and stars in our planetarium
- Discover the various history of NASA’s space suits through the different space programs
- Develop problem solving, time management, and teamwork skills
- Observe and understand how plants can grow without soil (hydroponics) and take home a sample of your own
- Learn about the history of space exploration
Space Station Mission
This activity is the highlight of the program!
- During our simulated space station missions, campers are assigned special positions (such as Commander on the Space Shuttle Discovery, Flight Director inside Mission Control, or Flight Engineer in our Space Station)
- Each member of the team is integral to the success of the mission. If a team member neglects a vital duty or assignment, it may have an adverse effect on the outcome of the flight.
- Participants learn how to effectively communicate with one another, solve problems together, and work as a team to ensure overall success of the mission.